We know that between visits you’re enjoying the summer sun, soaking in the rays. However, even if you’re lathering up the protection, most store-bought sunscreens contain dangerous toxins!
To keep you safe and healthy this summer, we’re sharing this easy recipe for homemade Natural Sunblock.
The mixture is 52 SPF. Just be sure to apply 30 minutes before going out and every two hours for maximum burn prevention.
You will need…
- ½ cup Grape Seed Oil
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Natural Beeswax
- 2 tbsp Shea Butter
- 15 drops of Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Macadamia Nut Oil (Optional)
What to do…
- Bring a larger pot of water to a boil.
- In a separate (heat resistant) bowl combine all of the ingredients: Grape seed oil, Coconut Oil, Natural Beeswax, Carrot Seed Essential oil).
Hint: You can also add Macadamia Nut oil for a sweet-smelling addition.
- Once the water is boiling, remove it from the heat and carefully put the bowl with the ingredients in the boiled water. (Try to avoid any water getting into the bowl with the ingredients.)
- Let all the ingredients melt together, and then allow to cool and thicken.
- Apply your new, homemade sun block to your skin when you’re ready to go out, and enjoy your day!