The Clear Alternative to Braces
Invisalign™ uses a series of clear, removable aligner trays that straighten teeth without braces.
Our patients benefit from Dr. Allen’s mastery of Invisalign, a very popular orthodontic option, which is almost invisible on the teeth for the duration of treatment.
Dr. Allen is recognized by Invisalign as a Premier Provider, an award given to only the top Invisalign providers in the nation, and has completed hundreds of Invisalign patients’ treatments with amazing results.
Dr. Allen prides himself on delivering precision beyond the Invisalign standard. To learn if Invisalign is right for you, schedule a consultation!
Invisalign vs. Metal Braces
- Aligners are virtually invisible, so you can always feel confident showing your smile!
- Aligners are comfortable and smooth, made from a lightweight plastic material. There will be no rubbing, cutting, or irritation from wires or metal brackets.
- Aligners are removable, which means NO food restrictions, and very easy brushing and flossing. Your aligners will not prevent you from playing an instrument or sports.
Invisalign Teen™ is ideal for any young person that has shed all baby teeth and has secondary molars that are at least partially erupted. This is normal for most teens. A visit with Dr. Allen can confirm your candidacy.
The length of treatment will vary, depending on the severity of the case. However, it usually takes about twelve months.
Invisalign Teen uses 3-D computer imaging technology to map a complete treatment from start to finish. A series of custom-made aligners are produced. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks, while teeth are gradually moved into position.
When choosing Invisalign Teen, remember that there MUST be a commitment to wear the aligners for twenty to twenty-two hours every day for the duration of treatment!
Invisalign 101: Need to Know Guide
To clean Invisalign trays, Dr. Allen recommends using one of the following techniques:
- Cleanse.Freshen.Go, used as directed (persulfate-free cleaner)
- DentaSoak, used as directed (persulfate-free cleaner)
- 50/50 solution of water and hydrogen peroxide (15 minute soak)
- Retainer Brite, used as directed
- Invisalign cleaning crystals (specifically designed product)
Do NOT soak in mouthwash or heated liquid of any form.
Invisalign is great for our busy patients because it requires fewer office visits than traditional braces. After you begin your Invisalign treatment, you will attend an appointment about every six weeks.
Brushing and flossing are easy — just remove your trays then reinsert.
No wires or brackets are used.
Trays are removed when eating, so there are no food restrictions.
Your trays should be worn for twenty to twenty-two hours a day, and can be removed during eating, brushing, and flossing.
Each set of aligners is worn for about two weeks, and as you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move gradually and gently into their final, straightened positions. The average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30.
Treatment is usually complete in about a year. For best results, you should wear your aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours per day consistently throughout the duration of your treatment.