Cutting Edge Ortho
Dr. Allen is constantly working to be on the cutting edge of current orthodontic techniques. He is dedicated to providing his patients with the best possible care and continues to take numerous advanced courses in orthodontics, facial esthetics, surgical orthodontics, interceptive child treatment protocols, teen braces and Invisalign for both adults and teens.
Dr. Allen received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. UNC Chapel Hill was also where Dr. Allen served as the National Vice President of American Association for Dental Research and the International Association for Dental Research’s National Student Research Group. He even wrote the software for the AADR-IADR NSRD’s first website as Vice President in 1999.
While in school, Dr. Allen was on the UNC Craniofacial & Cleft Palate Team. This led to his internship at the Lancaster Cleft Lip and Palate Clinic in Lancaster, PA and at The University of Manchester, UK’s orthodontic program. Dr. Allen also trained fellow students while providing dental care to orphans at the Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos in Miacatlán, Morelos Mexico. Dr. Allen completed his training in orthodontics with a Post-Doctoral Masters of Science in Craniofacial Anomalies and Distraction Osteogenesis with the Oral Surgery and Plastic Surgery department of the University of Texas. Following his two-year residency, he also received highly specialized training at Roth Williams International where he completed coursework in functional Inclusion.
Awards & Memberships
Area dentists and specialists in both Mecklenburg and Iredell counties have recognized Dr. Allen’s expertise and experience. He was nominated as a “Top Dentist” in Charlotte Magazine from 2007-2012.
- Top Premier Invisalign® Providers in the region
- Published in the American Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Published in the Journal of Dental Research
Charlotte Magazine’s top Dentists from 2007-Present
- Graduate of Roth Williams International Center of Functional Occlusion
- Attends ongoing Spear continuing education classes
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, National Dental Honor Society
- First Recipient of the Outstanding Orthodontic Resident at University of Texas
- Past Director, Charlotte Dental Society
- Past Treasurer, Charlotte Dental Society
- Completion of first stage in board certification process for The American Board of Orthodontics
- 2012 Top Orthodontist Award for Top 50 Orthodontists in America
- 2012 Silver ADDY Award with Pinckney Marketing in Consumer or Trade Publication
- 2013 Charter GOLD Certificate Award in ECO-Dentistry
- 2013 Leadership Award in ECO-Dentistry at the Inaugural Sundance Robert Redford Conference
- 2013 Top Orthodontist Award for Top 50 Orthodontists in America
- 2014 Silver Award by Certified Green America Certified Businesses
- 2014 Voted Best Orthodontist by Moms of Charlotte, NC as reported by CharlotteSmartyPants.com
- Spear Study Club
- Spear Education
- World Federation of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Southern Association of Orthodontics
- Texas Dental Society
- North Carolina Association of Orthodontists
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Charlotte Dental Society
- Queen City Study Club
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- Arnett Orthognathic Study Club
Dr. Marc Allen is the FIRST GreenDOC Certified Orthodontist in North Carolina to be recognized by The ECO-Dentistry Association. He received the International Association’s LEADERSHIP AWARD in MAY 2013 for his pioneer approach to delivering orthodontic care in a completely green and sustainably responsible environment. He is only the second orthodontic office on the planet to receive this GOLD certificate recognizing excellence in providing the ultimate orthodontic environmentally conscience care.